PREPPING YOUR SKIN FOR A SPRAY TAN IS ESSENTIAL TO HAVING A GLOW THAT LOOKS BEST AND LASTS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Exfoliate 24-48 hours before your tan to ensure all dead skin is removed, and we are spraying with a fresh canvas. This can be done with exfoliating mitts and exfoliating scrub. You may use any type. However, if they contain oils, please use them 48 hours before. Moisturize afterwards.
- (Pedicures, manicures, waxing/laser hair removal, facials, etc.) If done the same day, be sure not to apply lotion. If lotion is applied, we will have to use a special mitt to remove it just prior to your appointment ($7). This is an easy fix when needed.
- Massages should be done 48 hours ahead of time due to oil left on the body, and you may not get a massage after the tan as it will ruin the tan completely.
- Shower with a spray tan-safe body wash such as Hempz, Potted Plant, Method, or Shea Moisture Brands. DO NOT use Dove, bath and Body Works, dial, Irish Springs, and many other brands commonly used. They will strip the tan or leave it uneven. Dove is the worst offender. We have many options in the salon and can offer local delivery if needed.
- Shave any unwanted body hair, and exfoliate thoroughly at least 24 HOURS PRIOR. We suggest not to shower within 4 hours before your tan as it is not optimal for the best results. If, for some reason, you must do this, please finish with cold water to close your pores, and again, we have a special mitt that can be used just prior to your appt if needed ($7).
- Arrive to your appointment free of any deodorant, perfume, moisturizer, oils, or makeup as these products will act as a barrier between your tan and your skin. We do have wipes available upon request.
- It is also highly suggested not to use any topical acne meds 48 hours before your session on your face.
- Wear dark, loose clothing and open-toed sandals after your appointment—no denim or tight yoga pants.
- If you have a recent sunburn, we cannot tan you as it will be very noticeable once sprayed with tan.
- Women may tan however they feel most comfortable. Men must wear undergarments – No exceptions.
- Prepare to become addicted as these custom spray tans are rather habit-forming; you’ll thank us later.
Want to unleash your confidence?